Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Exercise Routine

I've been trying to go to the gym at least 3 days a week. I almost never want to go, but as soon as I walk in the doors, I know I made the right decision. Since I am trying to lose weight more than anything, I try to do 3/4 cardio. Once I lose about 10 more pounds, I will probably split it up 50/50 between cardio and muscle-building. The gym we go to (called "Snap Fitness") has these fitness sheets that you keep there in a filing box. It's an awesome way to keep track of what you have been doing, for how long, and what your next goal is. They also have monthly prizes if you accomplish 4 goals (one goal for every week). Here's a link to a similar sheet if you want to print it off, I've found it SO helpful:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/WorkoutLogs.html

Here's the line-up of what I've been doing:
Warm Up Run:       0.5 miles (level 4.5)
Walk with Incline: 0.5 miles (level 8)
Run:                          0.5 miles (level 4.5)
Walk with Incline: 0.5 miles  (level 8)
Hip Adduction:      85 reps    (35lbs)
Hip Abduction:      200 reps (40lbs)
Abdominal:             100 reps  (35lbs)
Leg Press:                60   reps  (40lbs)
Pec Fly:                     75 reps    (25lbs)
Arm Curls                 80 reps   (15lbs)
Bicycle                      1.3 miles (level 3)
Cool Down Run       0.5 miles (level 4.5)

My friend Sarah, who is also a trainer, told me that it is best to do cardio in small slots where you run, then walk, then run, and so on. I can actually feel a difference then just running a full 2-3 miles (like I was before).

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law, Tami, sent me this idea to track how much weight you've lost. I keep it right by the scale and every Friday morning when I weigh in, I get to put the pebbles in the "pounds lost" glass. It is tangible proof that my hard work is paying off!

WEIGH IN: 10 POUNDS! (total)

2 comments:

  1. I am totally doing this workout next time I go to the gym :) For your strength do you just use free hand weights or do you use a machine?
    10 pounds!!!! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete